Saturday 19 October 2013

Biro Love

I've been doodling away with my biro and rediscovered the joy of drawing with the bare minimum.  I rely too much on Photoshop and get distracted with colours, brushes and pen nib widths! It's actually a relief to draw with limited tools.  

As I'm in Nepal and surrounded by Hindu imagery, I thought about doing my version of Lord Shiva, which turned out to look a lot like he is a character from a 90's beat-em-up... 'Hindu God Kombat'?

Lord Shiva

My next drawing, started out as a drawing of a female, but morphed before my eyes into a classical style greek male.  This is one of the main reasons I like to draw without reference.  You can draw without really thinking and the results are always unexpected and interesting.  

Male






No comments:

Post a Comment